Sleepy Sheep

The knitting, literary, musical, and other miscellaneous adventures of one sleepy sheep.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Oh spinning wheel oh spinning wheel

After work on Thursday I had the great pleasure of a spinning lesson with the lovely Anna from the White Rock Weaving Center. I have tried an Ashford before and really enjoyed spinning on it, but wanted to try some alternatives. I tried a Louet S51DT. There are so many reasons to want to own this wheel. However, there are 560 reasons why that would not be a smart idea this holiday. So the question becomes do I wait to begin spinning while saving the dollars to purchase the Louet S51DT? Or do I buy the $280 version ST unfinished (I would have to finish it) and learn how to spin before I invest in at DT? Hmmm... And I have to admit that CSN is probably not the best source of advice on this issue.

In other news, our Christmas tree, while standing upright, still has two-thirds of its lights in the storage boxes with its ornaments in boxes not too far away. It's a week until Christmas!!! I think this tree can stay up until after the beginning of 2007. And it does not help that we have 8 days before Christmas and it is 80 degrees outside.

Alright. I am going to try to get the lights on tonight. Maybe we won't have ornaments this year--only lights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home