Sleepy Sheep

The knitting, literary, musical, and other miscellaneous adventures of one sleepy sheep.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Crocheters 3, Knitters 0

Friday night we went to Irish heritage night at the Ameriquest Field, the stadium formerly known as The Ballpark in Arlington. The Rangers went into extra innings but were not able to pull off a win. But they won both Saturday night and this afternoon. YEA!!!

Two weeks from spinning and I think I want to try it again. I knitted 34 yards of Picton, Texas wool. :) I hope to get to White Rock Weaving Center this week to try out a Louet. I used Becky's Ashford Elizabeth and I really enjoyed it.

My first knitting class was interesting. I had a crocheter who was concerned that she was knitting too tight. She proceeded to frog her first bits of knit many, many, many times. As a crocheter, she then proceeded to share with my two left-handed students how much easier it is to crochet than to knit. So, I think while I feel good about trying to share my interest and passion for knitting with others, I feel like I just sent three more to the crochet side. It's not a competition I know. I did manage to teach myself to cast on left-handed. Pretty neat.

Oh. And I have been approved as getting to participate in Secret Pal 9!!! I am so excited about this project. And I am also tempted to join the Zimmermania knitalong as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home